HOW TO ENOY YOURSELF IN HANOI


Our last stop on our wonderful journey was Hanoi. We had previously been in Ho-Chi-Minh City and Phu Quoc and I was exciting to see Hanoi and Halong Bay. We originally didn't plan to visit Hanoi, because we knew we wouldn't have the time to travel across the country by bus. Our time problem was solved after discovering that the flights were easy on the pocketbook and the cities well connected. It was a spontaneous decision which we made when we were in Phu Quoc. I also would have loved to see Sapa in the north, but we didn't want to rush from one place to another. Also Sapa was cold at the time and we only had packed summer clothes. So maybe next time.

Hanoi was one of my favourite places. Seeing the vivid colours of the streets and the buildings, made me smile immediately. It is a chaotic version of Paris with a lot of charm and Pho. We walked around and got lost in the labyrinth of the tiny streets with cafes, restaurants and colourful paintings. We had street food everyday and had Pho for breakfast with friendly locals. One of my personal highlights was the trip to Halong Bay. A moment I really missed my beloved camera, because my pictures of Halong Bay and the Thien Cung Cave taken with my phone do not do them justice. 

Looking back, would I do something different? Beside pack my camera, no. On one hand it was nice to be spontaneous and decide on the day where to go and what to do, since on a regular day most things are planned out. On the other hand it can be chaotic😂 However, our spontaneous and chaotic vacation was a spectacular and an unforgettable experience! 

Airplane Selfie
Arriving in Hanoi

Old Quarter
Mini Notre Dame
Traffic in Hanoi
Challenge of the day: crossing the streets 
Colourful art in many shops. We also saw famous pieces from famous art masters. Guess they take the word "copyright" literally.
Enjoying my passion fruit juice on the roof of a petit restaurant we found. What an amazing view.
The cutest lady. Many of the older people still speak french. 
A good fabric choice for the climate is linen.
Armee museum
Seeing this was just surreal and I still get goosebumps thinking of it.
Halong Bay
Then Cung Cave/ Dông Thiên Cung
Thank you Vietnam for having us. It was a marvellous experience!
SaveSave
SaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSave
SaveSave TWITTER META DETA CARD

1 comment

  1. All of your photos are beautiful! It looks like a really great place to visit xx

    Hannah | luxuryblush

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments:-)